QUICKEY KEYBOARD TERMS OF SERVICE
Effective Date: July 9, 2018
1. Eligibility. The Services are not directed towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you are a resident of the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you must be at least 16 years of age to use the Services. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms comply with all applicable laws, and your right to use the Services is revoked wherever these Terms or your use of the Services conflicts with any laws.
In other words: You MUST be at least 13 years old to use the Services (or at least 16 years old if you are a resident of certain European countries as described above). Do not use the Services if it would mean breaking the law.
2. Your Account. You may need to sign up for an account on the Keyboard in order to use parts of the Services. You must provide accurate and up to date information for your account. You promise not to (i) intentionally impersonate another person by using their name or email address, (ii) use an offensive name or email address, or (iii) use a name or email address for which you do not have proper authorization. We reserve the right to require that you change your username or use another email address. You are prohibited from using another person’s account or registration information for the Services without their permission. You are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account, and for keeping your password secure. You promise to immediately let us know if there is any unauthorized use of your account. You can delete your account at any time, either directly or through a request to us.
In other words: If you sign up for an account on the Services, you are responsible for all activity on your account. Be mindful about protecting your account password and let us know immediately if you think there are any issues. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Content You Contribute. You are solely responsible for all content you contribute to the Services (“User Content”) and as between you and One, Inc., you own your User Content. You hereby do and shall grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, transferable, sublicensable right to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform and otherwise fully exploit such User Content (including all related intellectual property rights) in connection with the Services and our business. You promise that you have all rights to grant such license to us without infringement or violation of any third-party rights. If you contribute User Content through a public part of the Services, you acknowledge that such User Content will be accessible to other users. Please do not publicly post or submit any User Content that you do not want publicly accessible or viewable, or that you do not have rights to post. Unless expressly agreed to by the Company in writing elsewhere, the Company has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on the Services or Company Properties. The Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Services or Company Properties.
In other words: You own all content you contribute to the Services, but you’re ok with One, Inc. using it in connection with its Services. Public Information is public, so don’t include any private or sensitive information in any public part of the Services.
4. One, Inc.’s Proprietary Rights. We and our licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Services. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use the Services. The Services may contain copyrighted material (such as text, graphics, photographs, images, and illustrations), trademarks, and other proprietary information and materials of us and our licensors. Except for content that is in the public domain or content that you have permission to use in connection with your use of the Services and in compliance with these Terms of Service, you shall not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, or display any content, nor shall you sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. The Services are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. We can (but do not have to) remove, block, edit or modify any content in our sole discretion at any time, without notice to you and for any reason or for no reason at all. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to satisfy applicable laws or protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
In other words: You’re allowed to use the Services only in accordance with this agreement. Generally speaking, you're only allowed to use content that you find on the site in connection with your use of the Services and solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. We can edit, take down, or block any content on the Services at any time.
5. Acceptable Use. As a condition of your use of the Services, you agree to use the Services only for lawful purposes and to comply with these Terms and all applicable laws. You agree not to, and shall not allow anyone else to, submit any content or otherwise take any action that (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, right of privacy or other right of any other person or entity, (ii) is unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, (iii) impersonates any person or entity, (iv) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”), (v) contains a virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb, or other harmful computer code, file, or program, (vi) uses any manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any page of the Services, (vii) attempts to decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of the Services, (viii) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third-party providers’) infrastructure, (ix) interfere or attempt to interfere with the security or proper working of the Services, or (x) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
In other words: You must comply with the law and this agreement, and you promise not to take any action or submit any content that is prohibited or harmful, including violating or attempting to violate the security of the Services.
7. Termination. We may terminate or suspend your account or access to the Services at any time, with or without notice, which may result in the loss of all information associated with your account. You may also delete your account and/or your use of the Services at any time by following the directions through the Services. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, limitation of liability, and dispute procedures.
In other words: We can choose to terminate or suspend your use of the Services at any time. You can also choose to delete your account or stop use of the Services at any time, but note that parts of this agreement still apply to you even after you stop using the Services.
8. Warranty Disclaimer. You acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (i) what content you access via the Services; (ii) what effects the content may have on you, and how you may interpret or use the content; or (iii) what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content. We make no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
In other words: The Services are provided “as is.” You are solely responsible for how you choose to use the Services or what actions you take as a result of your use of the Services.
9. Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, or otherwise from your violation of these Terms, or infringement by you, or any third party using your account or identity in the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
In other words: We hope this never comes up, but just in case it does, you agree to reimburse us for any loss we suffer that is tied to your use or misuse of the Services, violation of this agreement, or infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Limitation of Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (2) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (3) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY DOES NOT IN ANY WAY SEEK TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY DOES NOT IN ANY WAY SEEK TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
In other words: Our legal liability to you is limited. Please understand that we cannot run our business without it.
11. Remedies. (a) Violations. If the Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of the Terms, the Company reserves the right to investigate such violations. If, as a result of the investigation, the Company believes that criminal activity has occurred, the Company reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. The Company is entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in the Company Properties, including Your Content, in the Company’s possession in connection with your use of the Company Properties, to (1) comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request; (2) enforce the Terms, (3) respond to any claims that Your Content violates the rights of third parties, (4) respond to your requests for customer service, or (5) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company, its Users or the public, and all enforcement or other government officials, as the Company in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
(b) In the event that the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of the Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for the Company Properties, the Company reserves the right to:
(i) Warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to the Company) that you have violated the Terms;
(ii) Delete any of Your Content provided by you or your agent(s) to the Company Properties;
(iii) Discontinue your registration(s) with the any of the Company Properties, including any Services or any Company community;
(iv) Notify and/or send Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or
(v) Pursue any other action which the Company deems to be appropriate.
(c) No Subsequent Registration. If your registration(s) with or ability to access the Company Properties is discontinued by the Company due to your violation of any portion of the Terms or for conduct otherwise inappropriate for the community, then you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with or access the Company Properties or any Company community through use of a different member name or otherwise. In the event that you violate the immediately preceding sentence, the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you.
12. International Users. The Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to services and content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that the Company intends to announce such services or content in your country. The Company Properties are controlled and offered by the Company from its facilities in the United States of America. The Company makes no representations that the Company Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Company Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
13. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
Arbitration Agreement; Class Waiver; Waiver of Trial by Jury. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
(a) Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use or operation of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
(b) Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 158 South Park Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. After the Notice is received, you and the Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within 30 days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
(c) Arbitration Rules. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describe your claim to 158 South Park Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of this arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If you initiate an arbitration in which you seek less than $500 in damages and comply with the Terms, including the Notice Requirement, the Company shall reimburse you for your JAMS filing fee, and shall pay all administration and arbitrator fees up to a total amount of $500.
(d) Additional Rules for Non-appearance Based Arbitration: If non-appearance arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties.
(e) Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the JAMS Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Company.
(f) Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND THE COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
(g) Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If, however, this waiver of class or consolidated actions is deemed invalid or unenforceable with respect to a particular claim or dispute, then notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Arbitration Agreement or Terms, neither you or the Company is entitled to arbitration of such claim or dispute. Instead, all such claims and disputes will then be resolved in a court as set forth in Section 16.6 (n).
(h) Severability. Subject to section 13 (g), if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
(i) Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Agreement.
(j) Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
(k) Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or the Company may bring an individual action in small claims court so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis.
(l) Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
(m) Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
(n) Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within San Mateo County, California, for such purpose.
In other words: We truly hope that we can resolve any problems with our users informally, and we imagine that most people feel the same way. If it unfortunately gets to the point where we need to engage in legal proceedings, you agree to these provisions.
14. Use of the Services on a Mobile Device. We make available software to access the Services via a mobile device. Such software is considered part of our Services and subject to the terms and restrictions herein. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in such software is covered by the applicable open source or third party end user license agreement, if any, authorizing use of such code. Some third-party code may be licensed under a GPL or similar type license, and such software is not subject to the restrictions on reverse engineering set forth herein.
In other words: We may use open source software in connection with our applications, and such software is subject to the terms of their applicable open source licenses.
15. Apple Device and Application Terms. In the event you are accessing the Services via an application on a device provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) or an application obtained through the Apple App Store, the following shall apply:
(a) Both you and One, Inc. acknowledge that these Terms are concluded between you and One, Inc. only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Services;
(b) The application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
(c) You will only use the application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
(d) You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the application;
(e) In the event of any failure of the application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the application;
(f) You acknowledge and agree that One, Inc., and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the application;
(g) You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, One, Inc., and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
(h) You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
(i) Both you and One, Inc. acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
(j) Both you and One, Inc. acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third-party beneficiary hereof.
In other words: These provisions apply to you if you are using the Services through an Apple device or application.
16. General Provisions.
(a) Electronic Communications. The communications between you and the Company use electronic means, whether you visit the Company Properties or send the Company e-mails, or whether the Company posts notices on the Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from the Company in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that the Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
(b) Release. You hereby release the Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Company Properties, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of the Company Properties. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by a Company Party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Website, App or any Services provided hereunder.
(c) Assignment. The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without the Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
(d) Force Majeure. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
(e) Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Company Properties, please contact us at: 158 South Park Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Services. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver. You and we are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship is intended or created by these Terms. The section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
(f) Governing Law. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of California, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
(g) Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
(h) Severability. Subject to Section 16.6(g), if any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
(i) Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer the Company Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Company Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Company Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Company Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Company Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer the Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
(j) Consumer Complaints. In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
(k) Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
(l) International Provisions. The following provisions shall apply only if you are located in the countries listed below.
(i) United Kingdom. A third party who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of the Terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy of such third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
(ii) Germany. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 10, Company is also not liable for acts of simple negligence (unless they cause injuries to or death of any person), except when they are caused by a breach of any substantial contractual obligations (vertragswesentliche Pflichten).